mihoyotemreleasedthe update from version 2.8 toImpacto Genshin, which adds new playable character Shikanoin Heizou, new gear, events, story, and more.
Get the patch notes below.
■ Remuneration details
- Maintenance compensation:Primogems ×300 (60 Primogems per hour, servers are down)
- Troubleshooting Compensation:Primogems ×300 (see the corresponding compensation email for more details)
■ Scope of compensation
- Maintenance compensation:arriving travelersaventuraRating 5 or higher by 07/13/2022 06:00 (UTC+8)
- Claim before the end of version 2.8.
- Troubleshooting Compensation:Travelers who reach adventure level 5 or higher before 7/13/2022 06:00 (UTC+8).
- Request the compensation email before 07/16/2022 at 06:00:00.
Our developers will distribute compensation to Travelers via in-game email within 5 hours after the update maintenance ends. The email will expire after 30 days, so don't forget to claim the attached compensation in time.(Video) How STRONG can the WORST TEAM be? Genshin Impact 2.8
■ Update schedule
Update maintenance starts on 7/13/2022 06:00 (UTC+8) and is estimated to take five hours.
■ How to update the game client
- PC:Close the game, open the Genshin Impact Launcher and click Refresh.
- iOS:Open the App Store and tap Update.
- Android:Open the game and follow the onscreen instructions.
- PlayStation 5yPlaystation 4:Highlight Genshin Impact on the home screen, press the OPTIONS button and select "Check for Updates".
Please feel free to contact Customer Support if you encounter any issues installing the new version. We will do our best to solve the problem.(Video) Slap this in the background while doing dailies [Genshin Impact Swords Only]
■ Update details
- I. Limited time area: Golden Apple Archipelago (This area is only available during version 2.8)
- Golden Apple Archipelago
- Area unlock criteria:
- Reach adventure level 32 or higher.
- Complete the ArchonTo search for"Chapter II: Prologue - Winds of Autumn, Scarlet Leaves".
- Complete Mona's story mission "Astrolabos Chapter: Act I - Beyond the Stars of This World".
- During the event, the adventure level required to accept Mona's story quest "Astrolabos Chapter: Act I - Beyond the Stars of This World" will be set to 32.
- The Golden Apple Archipelago will no longer be accessible after the end of version 2.8. You also won't be able to open treasure chests, collect materials, or earn rewards from island quests, so take the opportunity to explore!
- II. new character
- 4 Star Character "Analytical Harmony" Shikanoin Heizou
- Vision:We're here
- Hold down Shikanoin Heizou's elemental skill "Heartstopper Strike" to charge up energy and deliver an even stronger blow. You will get the Decline effect while charging, which will increase the power of Heartstopper Strike. When the skill button is released or the skill duration ends, he will attack forward, dealing Anemo DMG. When you have 4 stacks of Decline, the Conviction effect kicks in, making the next Heartstopper Strike even stronger and with a higher AoE.
- After unleashing his Elemental Burst "Windmuster Kick", Shikanoin Heizou leaps into the air and uses Fudou Style Vacuum Slugger and kicks his opponent. The Vacuum Slugger will explode when hit and create a wind tunnel that pulls in nearby objects and opponents, dealing AoE Anemo DMG. When Vacuum Slugger hits opponents affected by Hydro/Pyro/Cryo/Electro, those opponents will be affected by Windmuster Iris. This Windmuster Iris will explode after a moment and dissipate, dealing AoE DMG of the corresponding elemental type mentioned above. Vacuum Slugger can affect a maximum of 4 opponents with Windmuster Iris. A single opponent cannot be under the effect of Windmuster Irises from different elements at the same time.
- A young detective prodigy of the Tenryou Commission. His senses are sharp and his thoughts are clear.
- third New equipment
- Cursed Sword (4 Star Sword)
- When a Normal, Charged, or Dive attack hits an opponent, it generates a slashing gale that deals 180% ATK in the DMG area and increases ATK by 15% for 8 seconds. This effect can be activated once every 8 seconds.
- *Participate in the version 2.8 mission story to learn more about this weapon.
- 4. new events
- “Summertime Odyssey” Event: Participate to invite a “Princess of Doom!” Fischl (electro)
- During the event, complete the tasks specified in "Surfpiercer" and "Phantom Realms" to obtain rewards such as Primogems, Hero's Wit and Mystic.To improveI prayed. Complete "Phantom Realms" challenges to obtain Iridescent Flotsam. Accumulate a specific number of iridescent debris to invite "Prinzessin der Verurteilung!" Fischl (Electro)! You can also use Iridescent Flotsam to exchange for rewards such as the Crown of Insight, Character Leveling Materials, and Talent Leveling Materials from the Event Store.
- event duration
- Reach adventure level 32 or higher.
- Complete a Archon Quest "Chapter II: Prologue - Autumn Winds, Scarlet Leaves".
- And complete Mona's story quest "Astrolabos Chapter: Act I - Beyond the Stars of This World".
- During this time, the Adventure Level required to accept Mona's Story Quest will be adjusted to Adventure Level 32. Complete Mona's Story Quest to improve your experience.
- ※ If you haven't completed Mona's Story Quest, you can join the event via "Quick Start" on the event page.
- V. New sets
- Diluc - Red Dead of Night
- One of the outfits Diluc wears during the cover-up.ActionYes, it looks like a flame dancing in the shadows. HeCriminalThe red trails it leaves at the edges of enemy vision will mark your nightmares forever.
- Diluc's outfit, "Red Dead of Night" will also feature additional idle animations, special combat effects, combat voice lines, and chat voice lines.
- After the version 2.8 update: 08/22/2022 03:59, during this period, Diluc's outfit "Red Dead of Night" will be available for purchase at the character clothing store at a discount for a limited time. During the discount period, the outfit is priced at 1980 Genesis Crystals. The price will revert back to 2,480 Genesis Crystals after the limited-time discount expires. The outfit can only be purchased once.
- Fischl - The dream of an eternal night
- A ceremonial outfit for the Prinzessin. May she, who is noble, keep her courage, sincerity and kindness forever, so that no evil can ever overcome her.
- During patch 2.8, travelers can obtain Fischl's "Ein Immernachtstraum" for free through the "Echoing Visions" event.
- Upon completion of version 2.8, Travelers can purchase the outfit from the Character Clothing Store.
- MOUNTAIN RANGE. new main story
- 1. New story mission
- Kaedehara Kazuha Story Quest: Acer Palmatum Chapter - Act I "A Strange and Friendless Path"
- Mission start time
- Permanently available after the 2.8 update.
- Mission unlock criteria
- • Reach Adventure Level 40 or higher.
- • Complete the Archon quest "Chapter II: Act III - Omnipresence over Mortals."
- • Complete the Raiden Shogun story mission "Imperatrix Umbrosa Chapter: Act I - Reflections of Mortality."
- 2. New conversation event
- Hangout Event: Shikanoin Heizou - Act I "Catch 'em by the Storm"
- After the version 2.8 update, the Hangout: Shikanoin Heizou - Act I "Trap 'Em by Storm" event will be permanently available.
- Event unlock criteria:
- Reach Adventure Level 40 or higher.
- Complete Archon Quest "Chapter II: Act III - Omnipresence Over Mortals".
- Complete the Raiden Shogun story quest “Chapter of the Empress of Shadows: Act II –transientdreams."
- Complete Arataki Itto's story mission "Rageful Bull Chapter: Act I - Rise Up, Golden Soul".
- 3. New World Missions
- New limited-time world quests:"HeTesoroof the Four Skerries", "So Was the Work Done in Vain", "Treasure Trip", "The Final Treasure", "Drama Phantasmagoria: Tale of the Sword Princess!", "Bake-Danuki Wanderlust", "The Lost Photo" , “The Discarded Badge” and “A Lost Shell”.
- New World Mission:"Film Notes".
- VIII. other additions
- 1. New recipe:
- Shikanoin Heizou's Specialty: "The One Truth"
- 2. New achievementsadded to "Memories from the Heart" categories
- 3. New business cards:
- “Shikanoin Heizou: Temari”:Reward for reaching Friendship Lv. 10 with Shikanoin Heizou
- “Travel Notes: Azure Main”:Reward obtained through the BP system
- 4. Adds the "Adventurer's Handbook - Guide" page to the Adventurer's Handbook:shows recommended priority quests to complete.
- 5. Adds the "Adventurer's Handbook - Battle" page to the Adventurer's Handbook:Promote characters of various elements (except the "Traveler") and complete Elemental Trials in the Lion Temple to receive the corresponding rewards.
- 6. Adds tutorials related to using Fragile Resin for beginners.
- 7. Add some prompts for loading screens.
- 8. Spiral Abyss
- 11th Floor Ley Line Disorders changed to:
- All party members receive a 75% Pyro DMG bonus.
- Updated the formation of monsters on floors 11-12 of the Spiral Abyss.
- Since the first timeLunar The phase is updated after updating to version 2.8, the three phases of the moon will be as follows:
- Fase I:
- brave moon
- When a character jumps onto the field, he gains 1 stack of Fortitude every 2 seconds. This will increase its ATK by 20%. Maximum 3 stacks. When characters with 3 stacks of Fortitude hit opponents with Charged Attacks, a shockwave will be unleashed at the opponent's position, dealing True DMG. A shockwave can be unleashed this way once every 2s. When the character leaves the field, all of his Fortitude stacks will be cleared.
- Phase II:
- windswept moon
- When a character activates Whirlpool on an opponent, that opponent's DEF is reduced by 12% for 10 seconds. Maximum 3 stacks. The duration of each stack is counted independently.
- Phase III:
- take the extreme
- After the active character's normal, charged, or diving attacks hit opponents, that character's normal, charged, and diving attack DMG increases by 12% for 8 seconds. This effect can be activated once every 0.1s. Maximum 4 stacks. The duration of each stack is counted independently. This effect will disappear if the character leaves the field.
- *The effects of some Chinese speech in the version 2.8 update may be affected by recording conditions. We ask for your understanding in this matter.
■ Tweaks and Optimizations
- Lower the ATK of Nobushi: Jintouban, Nobushi: Kikouban, Nobushi: Hitsukeban, Kairagi: Fiery Might, Kairagi: Dancing Thunder, and Specters on worlds with a world level of 3-6.
- Optimize the performance ofcrackdogs after being hit.
- Adjusts the performance of Specters after being hit and thrown.
- Reduces Wraith's HP and Interrupt Resistance and increases the percentage of HP to fill Wraith's Rage Gauge.
- Tweaks part of the Specter's behavior logic: it can be affected by the pull effect when not in the "expanded" state.
- When picking up a dropped item, the drop icon will also show the number of your stacks if your stack is greater than 1.
- Optimizes filtering of Artifact attributes, prioritizing the display of Artifacts whose main attribute is the filtered attribute.
- Adds "Traveller" character level prompts to the character screen.
- Adds Receiving a Gift narration lines for some characters in "Character > Profile".
- Optimizes sound effects for certain character attacks.
- Optimized the volume performance of some cinematic animations.
- Optimizes Japanese, English, and Korean voiceovers for certain characters, quests, and NPCs.
- Adjust Venti's Korean narration to be consistent with the subtitles.
- During the same event wish period, when you enter the wish interface again, the page will keep the wish interface selected when you last logged out.
- Change the "Guide" page to "Featured Version" in the Paimon menu.
- Fixes an issue where buttons may conflict in the "Character Select" interface when using a controller: In the "Character Select" interface, the Claim Friendship Rewards button will be hidden and the corresponding function of the L3 button will be filtered out.
- When using a controller, the Buy button and purchase feature for items that are not available for purchase or redemption in the Event Store will be disabled.
■ Bug fixes
- Fixes an issue where there are errors in the text of some quest items in the Archon Quest "Perilous Trail".
- Fixes an issue where the quest item "Archaic Stone" from the story quest "Not Just a Stone" would abnormally disappear after completing the world quest "The Tales Behind the Fan". For travelers who encountered this issue prior to the fix, the item will automatically be re-sent to inventory.
- Fixes an issue with the "Magatsu Mitake Narukami no Mikoto" boss where the Sinister Vajras summoned would have a small chance of incorrectly positioning itself.
- Fixes an issue where the character would have a small chance of being unable to aim and aim correctly when attacking the "Stormterror" boss claws.
- Fixes an issue with characters Xiao and Gorou that caused their movements to be clipped in the Characters > Talents UI, and optimizes the streamer ribbon effects on Gorou, Venti, and Kaedehara Kazuha's outfits in the Characters > Talents UI.
- Fixes an issue with Tartaglia where the Elemental Skill cooldown duration would be abnormal after performing certain actions if Tartaglia enters Melee Stance after using his Elemental Skill.
- Fixes an issue with Yelan's White Silk Cloak causing Aimed Shot to clip at certain angles.
- Fixes an issue with Lisa where, when equipped with the "Echoes of an Offering" artifacts and triggering the 4-piece set's effects, her normal attacks would have a small chance to trigger an additional instance of Physical Damage.
- Fixes an issue where there was a chance for music to be missing from some cutscene animations.
- Fixes an issue where sound effects are missing from some areas of the environment.
- Fixes an issue where the Attribute Reference UI may open abnormally in the Weapon Swap UI in Controller Mode.
- Fixes an issue where the Snow Weasel model was not displayed correctly in the Serenitea Pot location feature.
- Fixes an issue where Aether would not have an expression during its idle animation in the character UI.
- Fixes an issue in the character UI where the shadow of Sayu, Arataki Itto, Diona and Yanfei would flicker abnormally during some of their idle animations.
- Fixes an issue where when there are emails in some languages (such as Thai) in the mailbox, some emails in the gift box are not displayed normally.
- Fixes an issue where, after reading tutorial entries, there is a small chance of being unable to claim Primogems. After the version update, tutorial entries whose rewards could not be claimed will reappear with a red notification dot. Players will be able to reread them and claim Primogems as normal.
- Fixes an issue where before enteringCooperativeMode, if the host performed certain actions, enemies in the open world would abnormally remain in the state where the game stopped after a guest entered the world.
- Fixes an issue where some weapon effects had a small chance to disappear after character teleports.
- Fixes an issue where when character experiences Shatter's backlash, character switching or sprinting has a chance to repeatedly trigger Shatter's FX abnormally.
- Fixes an issue where, when playing in Japanese, German, English, Indonesian, Portuguese and Vietnamese, some subtitles were missing from the animations of individual mission cutscenes.
- Fixes some textual errors in 13 languages and optimizes the text. "Note: Game-related features have not changed." (Travelers can see the changes in different languages by going to Paimon Menu > Settings > Language and changing the game language.)
- Fixes and optimizations related to the English text include:
- Optimized instances of a term from "Kavikavus Prize" to "Pir Kavikavus Prize".
- Optimized instances of a term from "Gym" to "pseudonymoff."
- Optimized some lines in missions and World Quests.
- Optimized tooltips by Yae Miko and Keqing.
Genshin Impact is now available for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, PC viaclientyepic games store, iOS byapp storee Android viaGoogle Play. A Switch version is also planned.
Check out a new trailer featuring Shikanoin Heizou below.
Miscellaneous Compilation: "Shikanoin Heizou: Hurricane Breakthrough"