Who doesn't love a weekend getaway? In 2017, I went on a 3-day cruise to the Bahamas with my older sister on board.carnival victoryand we had the best time. On our trip, I received DMs and emails about what to pack, so here's my simple Bahamas cruise packing list. Out of the box forBlogalicious 9, this was the easiest trip I had to plan for this year. If you're wondering what to do on a 3-day Bahamas cruise, here's a list of what to pack for a Bahamas cruise with friends or family.
Look at this Instagram post(Video) What you NEED to pack for a Bahamas cruise!
Earlier this month my older sister and I took a weekend cruise to the Bahamas on the @carnival Victory. #ontheblog I'm sharing what we've been up to and some tips on what to do in such a short amount of time. Click the link in my bio to read more. #cruisingcarnival #joannaetravels #CarnivalCruise #carnivalvictory #weekendcruise #traveltuesday
A post shared byJoanna E.N. | NY ????(@joannaen) es
What to pack for a Bahamas cruise
When packing for a 3-day Bahamas cruise, check out the weather trends and average temperatures for your destination. As I mentioned earlier, packing for my weekend cruise to the Bahamas was the easiest trip I've ever taken.
As always, I usedpacking cubesto organize all the clothesmy worthand onevanity bagfor body and hair essentials. As temperatures can be quite cold, please bring enough clothing and undergarments for several layers. Below are some essentials to pack for a weekend cruise and my personal packing list for our 3 day Bahamas cruise.
One of the most important items to have on your Bahamas cruise packing list is documentation. To expedite the boarding process, please check in before heading to the cruise port. Bring a valid passport, passport card or enhanced driver's license to receive your Sail and Sign card. The Sail and Sign card is a cashless system used for all purchases and services on board. He also takes you to your cabin. You should always carry your Carnival Sail and Sign Card with you, so consider purchasing or creating custom lanyards for safekeeping.
Care items and medicines.
Since you will be on vacation, be sure to bring the necessary toiletries and medications with you. If you're natural and you're notprotective style, bring with youessential hair productsif you plan to be in the water at the beach or pool. except for the basicsessential toiletries, be sure to bring any prescription or over-the-counter medications with you.
If you feel nauseated easily, take some motion sickness medication with you, such as Dramamine or motion sickness bracelets. Don't forget the sunscreen. You do not wantyou get sunburnedor increase the chances of skin damage. Here are some travel toiletries andtravel beauty productsI made sure to pack for this three day weekend cruise.
- Bubble bath
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- protector solar
- Moisturizing cream with SPF
- Satin scarf and hair cap.
- hair butter
Shoes for a 3 day cruise to the Bahamas
Since I have little luggage, I only brought three styles of shoes. It's a good idea to buy shoes that have multiple uses. If you're going on shore excursions like kayaking or horseback riding, bring some water shoes to protect your feet. Below are the shoes I brought for our weekend cruise.
- Chanclets– I used flip flops as bathing shoes.
- Sandals– For formal or informal dinners. You will also be able to wear sandals throughout the cruise.
- Sports– To walk to and from the port.
Beach or day bag
When you disembark the ship, you will need to have a bag to carry all your essentials. I like to call this my travel bag. If you are going to take a trip to the beach on the layover of your cruise, make sure you have one big enough for your hat andbeach day essentials.
What to wear on a cruise
When packing for a December Caribbean cruise, you should pay attention to the weather at your initial and final destinations. Being from New York, the climate is much cooler than Miami and the Bahamas, so I needed to have clothing suitable for multiple temperatures. Below are some clothing suggestions on what to pack for a Bahamas cruise.
- 2 summer dresses– I brought two coveralls to wear at the sailing party and on our day trip toBahamas. The bags roll up easily and fit into any carry-on.
- 2 pairs of shorts– The shorts are easy to wear with cute tops and tops and can be used as a cover up when wearing a one piece swimsuit. I also brought two pairs of shorts to wear after we got back from Warwick Resort.Wynwood day trip.
- 4-6 peaks– Depending on my mood, I usually wear 1 or 2 tops for every bottom. In addition to needing a T-shirt for our day at the beach and the layover in Miami, I needed a long-sleeved T-shirt for the trip back to New York. If you're going on a 3-day cruise with a large group, you might also want to consider creating a matching T-shirt design.
- 1 business suit– 3-day cruises are accompanied by a formal dinner in the main dining rooms. The best dinner is usually prepared tonight. Be sure to dress to impress. you get to take professional pictures at a formal soiree.
Look at this Instagram post(Video) FREE & LOW-COST THINGS TO DO IN NASSAU BAHAMAS
Back to Miami but my sister and I had a great weekend at the Carnival Victory. The food and entertainment was excellent and we can't wait to return with the rest of the family. Thanks to the @carnival staff for making it extra special for us. ? #cruisingcarnival #joannaetravels #jackiejphotography #sistersister #weekendtrip #nilesgirls
A post shared byJoanna E.N. | NY ????(@joannaen) es
- 2 casual outfits– For the rest of the nights there is a simple dress code for dinners, night shows or activities. You can wear a sundress, a top with a skirt, or a two-piece set. If you prefer not to dine in the dining room, the Lido Deck tends to have a more relaxed dress code.
- Swimsuits and pareos– I didn't spend a lot of time in the pools, but I did make sure to pack 3 bathing suits and sunscreen for Deck 10, our trip to Warwick, and Miami beach. Pack a variety ofswimsuitwhich includes bikinis, monokinis and one piece swimsuits because you need options.
- Pajamas and underwear– For this three-day cruise, I brought a T-shirt and shorts to wear as pajamas. You can always bring an extra set just in case.
- (Optional) Hiking clothes– If you plan to go on an excursion, make sure you take the appropriate equipment with you. You don't want to feel uncomfortable wearing the wrong type of clothing for water activities or shoes for a walking tour. It is best to bring a bathing suit and a change of clothes to keep dry.
- cowboys or sweaters– The saddest part of our cruise was the return home. I made sure to pack some jeans for the trip back into the chill of New York.
- Light jacket or sweater– I know this is a post about a 3-day cruise to the Bahamas, but if you have ever visited the Caribbean, you know that it is cold at night. Consider adding a light jacket or sweater to your Bahamas packing list. If you are ALWAYS COLD like me, the air conditioning in the dining room and the activities may be too much for you. It is also useful when you walk on the terrace or when you are on the balcony at night. Being over water, you can definitely run into a cold front.
I made sure to include the essential electronics as well. Below are the must-have electronics I included in my Bahamas cruise packing list.
- camera and lenses– One of the benefits of traveling with a photographer is getting amazing photos. I brought minesony a6000and I used the kit, 50mm and 75-200mm lenses.
- Mobile phone– At that time I had an iPhone 5s. I also took some photos with him.
- charging cables– Along with my cell phone I also needed a charger for my camera
- GoPro or other action camera (optional)– I have an action camera, but I hardly use it. If you want to vlog your 3-day cruise, a good option is a GoPro.
Check out these posts to plan a trip to the Bahamas
How to spend a day in Warwick Bahamas
Experience Bahamian culture at the Bahamian Junkanoo Carnival
Why Warwick Paradise Island Resort is the perfect getaway
What are some things to have on your packing list for a Bahamas cruise?
JoAnna is an award-winning travel and lifestyle content creator based in New York. Listed as one of the top black travel blogs, JoAnna E shares the balance between travel and life while working full time. In addition to providing travel and food guides and tips, JoAnna covers natural hair, beauty, and affordable inspiration for millennial women on the go.
The dress code onboard is resort casual, and mandatory formal nights don't exist. However, that doesn't mean you can't dress up if you want! Weather in the Bahamas fluctuates depending on the season of the year you're cruising. In general, expect temperatures between 77° and 90° Fahrenheit.How many outfits a day for a cruise? ›
7-8 Daytime Outfits
On your 7 day cruise, you'll need a casual daytime outfit for each day, plus at least one backup outfit in case you get wet.
If you are wondering what to pack for a Caribbean cruise that lasts 7 days, here are a few guidelines: Swimwear: 3 swimsuits and at least 3 swim cover-ups. Casual Looks: Pack at least 4 pairs of shorts, 5 – 7 t-shirts, 3 pairs of pants, 3 skirts, and a couple of day dresses.Should I carry cash for Bahamas? ›
Currency and Exchange
Since U.S. currency is accepted everywhere, there really is no need to change to Bahamian. Also, you won't incur any transaction fees for currency exchange, or worry about getting stuck with unspent Bahamian dollars. Carry small bills when bargaining at straw markets.
Indecent or obscene prints, paintings, photographs, books, cards, lithographic or other engravings, or any other indecent or obscene article. Underwater gun being any manufacture or device other than the device known as an Hawaiian Sling whereby a missile may be discharged under water.
The answer to this question varies a lot by person, their travel habits, spending preferences, length of the cruise and destination. Many people suggest $100 per day, and this has generally worked well for me in my cruising experiences, but there are a lot of variables to consider.Do I need jeans on a cruise? ›
Acceptable attire includes sportswear, collared shirts, pants and jackets (if desired, but not required) for men and sportswear, casual dresses, or skirts and pants with blouses or knit tops for women. Regular, but not torn or distressed jeans, are fine.How strict are cruise dress code? ›
Gentlemen: elegant dress pants, shirts, sports jackets as well as suits, ties and tuxedos. Ladies: cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts, blouses and evening gowns. Please no shorts, t-shirts, flip-flops, bathing clothes, jeans, cut-off jeans, sportswear and baseball caps.
Most evenings on a cruise will be casual, smart casual or resort casual dress code. Many cruise lines now allow wearing nice jeans to the main dining room on a cruise, a change from the past.Do I need fancy clothes for a cruise? ›
For dinner in restaurants and the main dining area guests are suggested to wear smart casuals such as sports shirts, slacks, skirts, and pants. Every sailing that lasts six nights or less on a Celebrity Cruise features a formal night, where guests have to be in formal attire.
If you're going on a seven-day cruise, for example, We would recommend packing at least three swimsuits. That way, you can switch them up every other day. And if you're only going to swim once or twice during the trip, one suit will probably be enough.How many pants do I need for a 7 day trip? ›
Do the clothing countdown: If you need a mantra to help streamline your wardrobe, use the 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 rule for a weeklong trip: Limit yourself to no more than five sets of socks and underwear, four tops, three bottoms, two pairs of shoes and one hat.How many shoes do you need for a cruise? ›
How many pairs of shoes should you bring on a cruise vacation? That depends who you ask, however, in my experience having between 4 and 6 pairs of shoes for a 7-14 day cruise is about right. You could get away with 3 pairs, if you're packing very light for a cruise.What should I wear to The Bahamas for a week? ›
Smart casual clothes in lightweight natural fabrics will work best – It is warm and sunny but not unbearably hot all year round. However the nights tend to be a little cooler and a sweater or pashmina is worth popping in your case. Ensure you bring a versatile travel jacket.How much spending money do you need in Bahamas? ›
For a family of four, the average Bahamas trip cost is about $630 per day. When taking the round-trip flights, hotel expenses, food, transportation, and entertainment into consideration, the total budget for a week's trip should be around $5500. The Bahamas has many tourist attractions that cater to a family with kids.How much cash can you bring into The Bahamas? ›
According to the Currency and Foreign Transaction Reporting Act, if a traveler asks someone to carry currency or monetary instruments on his/her behalf and the full amount exceeds $10,000, then the traveler is required to report the total amount to CBP.What do I need to know before Travelling to Bahamas? ›
- English is actually the official language of the Bahamas, so it'll be spoken everywhere you go.
- There's no need to get your currency exchanged, US currency is accepted. ...
- Tips are king. ...
- Cars don't drive on the right side of the road, they drive on the left.